Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bringing Vocabulary to Life


I have been trying to make the vocabulary come to life. Instead of saying words, and using context clues in isolation. I have been trying to build the students schema. This weeks vocabulary includes menu, assemble, and celebration. We had a celebration and ate ice cream. We made a menu for our own restaurants and set prices to review our money skills in Math.  Also, we assembled seahorses. I used the opportunity to teach inflected verbs as we worked on the seahorses. I wrote sentences on the board. 1.We are going to assemble seahorses.  2. We are assembling seahorses. We assembled the seahorses. The students really enjoyed learning vocabulary this week. My students did a great job. I'm proud of them. 

Thanks a lot to Cindy from cindysintheteacherslounge.blogspot.com for the great seahorse patterns.

5 comments:

vicky1970 said...

Hi there, I just found you and am your newest follower. Cute ideas! I like your seahorses. Come on over and visit me sometime - I teach first too.
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

iintegratetechnology said...

Thank you for your great ideas! I am new to blogger and I am loving it! If you are interested in integrating technology into your classroom, maybe you could stop by my blog! I am your newest follower!

Thank you,
Mindy

iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

Post a Comment