Monday, April 30, 2012

Teaching Class While Taking Classes


One thing I have learned is going to school after teaching school is another job in its self. Some days my brain is so overwhelmed I just need to go to sleep. Being a teacher and a student is not easy. Sometimes I want to say to my teacher, “hey this is not how you should teach that or why didn’t you model that first before asking us to do this”. I see what I would not do in my class. I see the value of the teaching strategies I learned in what seems like a million classes ago.  What pushes my buttons the most is how all these textbooks on instruction discuss using menu’s to provide a variety of options to differentiate instruction and allow students to choose options based on their interest, yet I do not see those options in my classes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment