Monday, July 2, 2012

Getting Ready to Write Freebie


       Are your 2nd graders ready to write and share their opinion of stories or books that they have read? If you have an opinion about something you should be able to share the reasons you feel that way. Common Core is connecting reading to writing. CCSS W.2.1 requires 2nd graders to write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, provide reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement. So, I created a planning sheet for my students to use the first couple of months of school until they become familiar with the writing format. Opinion Writing Planning Sheet W.2.1

1 comments:

mjfavre said...

Thanks for sharing this! And thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower.

Megan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

Post a Comment