Sunday, July 29, 2012

Made It Monday

I finally finished my teacher stool for the classroom. Sometimes I need to sit for a few minutes when I'm explaining a concept , so I might as well be sitting pretty.














I use an old stool and painted the legs pink then painted the stool black. I used a variety of scrapbook stickers and letters to decorate the stool top. I traced a dinner plate with a gold paint marker to make the circle then I used Mod Podge sealer (2 coats). Lastly I stapled two toddler tu-tu's from Micheal's around the bottom. The cost: about $25.00.

I made this as a teacher gift, I used clothes pins, glitter ,glue, and a empty tuna can. The teachers can use them as pen and pencil holders.
First, I sprayed the tuna can and clothes pins with pink spray paint.

Next, I lined on strip of glue on the clothes pins. You have to glue and glitter one side on one day and do the other side the next day.















































































































































Lastly, clip the clothes pins on the can close together neatly around the can.


5 comments:

Brigid said...

OMG these are too cute! You did a great job! If you have time stop by my blog and join my "Classroom Tours Linky Party"! I would love to see your classroom!! If you aren't ready just quite yet, share a before pic and then go back and share an after pic! :)

Brigid

Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

Post a Comment