Monday, August 20, 2012

What A Day


Oh what a great first day! I’m excited and feeling empowered.  I've gotten over my first day jitters and I’m ready to work.  I’ve realized I can’t be worried about changing a grade. The students do it every year and they survive. I was really able to teach about relating text to self today because I like Mrs. Sara Hartwell in the book “First Day Jitters” was scared to go to class the first day myself. I extended the lesson by asking the students to write what they think might happen next. And we will see as the days go by how the plot changes in my story.

Now I’m calling plays in 3rd grade, taking it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Jenny Zuniga @ Teacher and a Mom said...

I could totally relate to First Day Jitters too! I still have them. This will be my first year teaching 2nd grade! Glad you survived your first day :-)

Jenny

Ms. H. said...

Hi Ms. Lee! A bit late, but thanks so much for the award a few months back. I really appreciate it. Your blog is awesome! 3rd grade is such a great grade to teach and with your experience, you'll do just fine. Enjoy the beginning of the school year. Can't wait to hear all about your new class!

Ms. H. :)
Live, Love, Laugh in 2nd Grade

Post a Comment

100 Follower Giveaway