Monday, September 10, 2012

Meet Jordan Our Class Pet

       It's the 4th week of school and finally I feel like I can breath again. I was scared out of my mind moving to 3rd grade. Yes, the FCAT scares me. Even though I taught 5th grade before. It's different in 3rd grade it's no learning gains, it's just you are a 3 or your not. 

        Well enough of my drama. I guess I'm going to change the name of my blog, but I will not use a grade in the title anymore. This has been a season of change our school has a new Assistant Principal, I'm teaching a new grade, and we have a new class pet.  
                        
                                                  Meet Jordan our Leopard Gecko


In 3 short weeks he has peaked the interest of my students. They want to know more and more about him and his natural habitat and they have begun to transfer that interest to other animals. Today during small group we read about the Weddell seal in Antarctica the book explained what the seal ate but my students wanted to know what was a predator of the seal. I took the opportunity to discuss reliable information when doing research and we searched the internet and found out that the Polar Bears and Orca's were two predators of the seal among others. I'm glad they are excited to learn. I have a long journey ahead of me, however, I accept the challenge and look forward to success!


 Also, I attended a Reptile Show this weekend and I was amazed to see a baby Kangaroo.

                                                     

       

1 comments:

Heather A said...

I just found your blog! So funny...I actually have a leopard gecko as a class pet as well. We won him from a class pet grant funded by petsmart! :) My kids love him!

BTW - You might have one already, but I am hosting a giveaway on my blog. You could win a free, personal laminator! Come check it out if you get the chance! :)

Heather
Sensational Seconds

Post a Comment

100 Follower Giveaway