Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homework Help!

-->
 
Something many of us teachers don’t want to talk about or have to do is consequence our students. I do not have an issue with receiving homework each day, but I do have a problem with the effort put into homework. I have analyzed the situation to see what I can change.



1.    I was sending home multiple-choice reading passages. Yes, I realized I was giving him or her the opportunity to bubble in and go with no effort or thought. So, now answers will need to be written.



2.    I did not let them know there were consequences to homework issues.

Now, I have started to make calls to parents and now each homework assignment is placed in the grade book.



3.    I had rewards for behavior and test, but not for homework. Now I’m going to

Give rewards for homework too!



If you have any ideas that will help solve my homework problem please share I’m open for suggestions.



 How do I get them to change?

8 comments:

I {heart} Recess said...

I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog to see the details!

iheartrecess.blogspot.com

First Grade Carousel said...

I have a display in my classroom for Amazing Homework! The children love to see their work displayed there. I am hoping you might be interested in joining my Winter Exchange Project! I am new to blogging and this is the first "big thing" I'm trying. Please consider joining along. All the info is on my bog: firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com ~Maria

Brigid Ann said...

I have a display as well. It is great motivation for the kiddos who do not turn in their homework. At the the end of the semester whoever turned in their homework each month receives something out of the treasure box (I teach first grade), Anyways, best of luck!
If you have time stop by my blog and enter my giveaway! ;)
Thanks for sharing!
Brigid

Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

Lisa Howard said...

I just became your newest follower!
Lisa
http://ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com/

Alicia Conway said...

I have sometimes difficulties when helping my kids with their home assignments. To somehow deal with this and still check the homework, I use homework help online services.

Rose O'Shanassy said...

Some time the homework is very difficult to understand that's why some kind of online sites are available for helping those people who not having mush time for their child. If any one having problem in any subject than they give suggestion for completing their homework.

Michael Cooper said...

homework given by teachers is difficult to complete without help. so its really needs anyone available every time to help for this . Online Tutors

Legal Herbal Online said...

I love when kids are engaged into such activities. It is so great when not their whole time is spent onto dealing with homework. To avoid such state of things, I as mom use Quality iBeacons Online

Post a Comment

100 Follower Giveaway